New Hire

Why is it so difficult to accept help from some and not others?

I am having the damnedest time with one of my coworkers. I know they are trying to help but there is something in the way they present the information they are trying to share that is driving me batty. I honestly get frustrated almost every time they say something. I know it has to do with how I have perceived them, their personality, their comfort level, or something but I am having a hard time dealing with it. I know part of it is that this person is not familiar with technology and b/c of that they follow the letter of the law and when I do something different, even if it works they say something like "Well, you probably want to check before you do it that way, that's not how I was trained." Now don't get me wrong, I have learned things from this person God how I wish it was coming from someone else.

Comments