Doesn't get much better.

Yesterday I turned 40 years old.

I took the day off from work, did some laundry, spent way too much money at Brooks Brothers, and went to the park with Johnders. I haven't really talked about him, have I? I will. Later.

Last night we planned a little dinner party at one of my all time favorite Nashville spots, Bosco's. It is home of the best beer in the state, maybe the country. I hadn't been in a long time and I didn't think it was a real possiblity b/c it tended to be pretty smokey. I don't do smokey as well as I used to and Tara doesn't do smokey at all. Was I pleased to find out that they are non-smoking? You're damn skippy! Come 1 Oct all restaurants will be non-smoking but some, like Bosco's jumped the deadline and U thank them for it. I gave Tara a list of people to invite. Many were out-of-towners who I just wanted to let know something was going on, didn't really expect to see any. Lo and behold two came in specifically for the party. One was Carolyn Allen-Schmidt, the person I have known longer than anyone outside of family. We have known each other since we were 6 or 7. We see each other every few years and we email every few months. She drove from Columbus, OH yesterday afternoon to come to the party and she was leaving today, after she woke up. I am beyond words as to how that makes me feel. The other was Johnna Norris, a former rekkid stow coworker. She doesn't live as far away as Carolyn but she lives in Kentucky and that is far away enough to make me feel extra special.

I said everyday. I am one of the most fortunate people alive. Thank you to all of my friends and family.

Comments