21 THINGS BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD DO
--By Tavis Smiley
1. Register to vote, or shut up!
2. Take all that money out of those stocking caps, tin cans, mattresses, and floorboards and invest money in something. For starters, invest in the food you eat and clothes you wear.
3. Learn another language; ebonics does not count.
4. Stop using the "N" word in the year 2001, especially since Merriam-Webster has announced it isn't changing the definition.
5. Buy something each week from a black vendor.
6. Stop blaming white folk for 98% of your problems, while giving them 100% of your money.
7. Subscribe to Ebony, JET, Black Enterprise, Essence. Then subscribe to one of the three weeklies: Time, Newsweek, or US News and World Report. After we read about what's going on in our world, how about knowing what's going on in theirs? It is, after all, your world.
8. Stop walking past each other and not speaking.
9. Be on time for something... anything!
10. Get an annual check up; herbs do not cure everything!
11. In all thy ways acknowledge Him (GOD) and he shall direct thy path. And prioritize this as #1.
12. Stop being jealous of one another, learn to look past the material things and see the person for who they are.
13. Get involved in at least one charitable or voluntary community service.
14. Say a prayer for someone other than yourself.
15. Hug your child/spouse/parent today.
16. LOVE ONE ANOTHER!
17. Learn to Let Go and Let God.
18. Stop talking about it, and be about it.
19. Let GOD order your steps instead of the world.
20. P.U.S.H.!! Pray Until Something Happens!
21. In all that you do, get understanding, (turn off the TV, and open a book).
Don't just read this, DO IT and encourage others.