Nashville's Hot Chicken Blogged

Dethroner is one of my favorite blogs...it's about guy things. I visit it when I need to reassure myself that I am indeed a guy.

Today, thanks to a Tennessean article, they featured a staple of Nashville's food culture, hot chicken, along with hot fish, the meat' n three, biscuits and BBQ there is nothing that says Nashville more than hot chicken

As Nashville as I claim to be I have never eaten hot chicken. I didn't have a high tolerance for spicy food when I was younger and then I forgot about it when so many of my friends became out-of-staters. It's constantly featured in local papers, Mayor Purcell is known for his love of hot chicken, the red stuff permeates the air in certain neighborhoods but I just don't make the effort to partake.

I'll have to change that.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

powered by performancing firefox

Comments

M said…
I think my mom made friends with the mayor primarily BECAUSE of Prince's Hot Chicken. Oh, the people you meet when you're a restaurant critic frequenting Nashville dives...Indeed, this is a food item worthy of your support.