Wedding Day

My wedding day started out as one of the worse days I'd had in quite a long time.

I got about 3 hours sleep b/c I had to finish getting the house ready for the contractors who would be coming while I was out of town. I had to be at the reception hall at 9am to meet the DJ, and if you haven't figured out by now, I am not a morning person.

Helping the DJ get set up took longer than expected and I had to come back home to shower, get my bags and get back to the meeting place in time to go to lunch and get to the church. I was fuming when I hooked up with everybody. I went to get gas and head on to the restaurant but I went to the wrong Calypso Cafe!! Habit trumps logic when you're frustrated. I sat there only a few minutes before I realized my mistake and headed over...

The drive to the other location was the most intense exercise in self control I have had in a long time. Yoga has helped me learn how to refocus when my mind wanders and this 10 minute car ride was all about me focusing and refocusing on the fact that today was going to be a good day. Afterall, it was my Wedding Day! I didn't notice until I was sitting in the restaurant but I had completely calmed down.

The Wedding went off without a hitch.

Tara looked beautiful! Absolutely.

We both fought hard to keep from balling...if we cried we wouldn't be able to say our vows, you know. Our officiant helped us by little under the breath comments like "if you're gonna kiss you better do it now" or "we're in the 9th inning".

The reception was a blast, DJ Geezus was better than I had imagined (and I had very high expectations). The food was great, the cakes were delicious. We all got to hang out and visit. It was a great day.

Tara and I headed off to the Hermitage Hotel, the only 5-star hotel in the state. It was wonderful living in the lap of luxury for one night.

Go here and here for photos...

Comments