Buddhist Thought of the Day

I know I talk a good game but do I actually and actively practice the compassion I desire from and for myself? I would say that I usually do. Where I falter most often is with those closest to me. I have trouble letting go in general but its even harder when it involves someone I know intimately. I usually get frustrated when people don't seem to understand what I mean. I feel, some might say arrogantly so, that I am easily understood and what I am talking about is easily understood. Also, I would say that I have an easier time seeing the forest than the trees and I get most frustrated at those who areI believe are focused too tightly on the trees. I will keep trying.
Adopting an attitude of universal responsibility is essentially a personal matter. The real test of compassion is not what we say in abstract discussions but how we conduct ourselves in daily life.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama, "Imagine All the People"

Comments