Part four out of our five-part series has more easy, affordable things you can do by the end of the day today to make a positive impact on our planet.
10) Make your own frugal flusher.
9) Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents.
8) You can't beat filtered tap water in a reusable bottle.
7) Go for a potted plants. They last longer, improve indoor air quality and can even be self-watering. If cut flowers are a must, go for organic and look for the Veliflora sustainable floral label.
6) A low-flow showerhead can save you gallons of water each time you use it.