Why it's taking me forever to finish consuming "Thunderbird"

by Cassandra Wilson

This woman melts me.

I can’t hear Cassandra Wilson without thinking I would forsake house and home to spend time with her. She’s sexy; in a mature, worldly way – a way that makes you think know that she will take care of you when you need it and teach you when you need it, like Gaia, the mother of us all.

It’s not just her voice, with that hint of a lisp, it’s the relaxed delivery and it’s the oddly timed phrasing. She is style.

She is also smart. Her song choice is the best in music. Her ability to find the classics that will showcase her skills is impeccable. Thunderbird is actually filled with her own compositions and I haven’t gotten to them yet, I am still mesmerized by her voice – as I am with every album she release. This album is produced by T-Bone Burnett who has proven his ability to respect the song and the artist. Can I add Jim Keltner, Colin Linden, & Mark Ribot? If you understand what those names mean you know that’s all I have to say.

Comments