- May I consider all beings precious.
- May I always respect others as superior while attaining self-esteem.
- May I face my inner darkness and turn it to good.
- May I be moved with compassion for the pain behind the spite others may show me.
- When I am hurt by others, may I forego retaliation while always fighting injustice.
- May I reckon those who betray me as sacred teachers.
- May I offer joy to all beings and secretly take on their suffering.
- May all beings and I be free from ego concerns of loss and gain.
Friday, January 6
Eight Buddhist Principles for Relationship
Because love is other-concerned, has no hierarchy, and does not cherish self-vindication, these teachings may be used as wise guides for intimate relating.