My Dad's Military Awards:

I've been working to find details of my Dad's military records and about 3 months from the orignal request date I got a response from NPRC today.

Master Sgt James C Sanders received the following awards while serving in the US Army:
  1. Good Conduct Medal, 4th award
  2. American Campaign Medal
  3. European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with 2 bronze service stars
  4. WWII Victory Medal
  5. Korean Service Medal with 2 bronze service stars
  6. UN Service Medal
  7. Honorable Service Lapel Button WWII
  8. Expert Badge with Carbine Bar
  9. Sharpshooter Badge with Rifle Bar
Now, I don't know if this qualifies as a lot of medals but it looks like I can honestly call my Dad a decorated War Hero. He makes me proud and I miss him; I wish I could ask him the stories behind each award.

Comments