- Don't let any material thing come into your home unless you absolutely love it and want to keep it until it is beyond repair.
- Live in a home with only those rooms that you or someone in your family use every day.
- Limit your work (outside of the home) to 30 hours a week, 20 if you are a parent.
- Select a home and place of employment no more than 30 minutes away from each other.
- Limit your children's extracurricular activities to one to three a week, depending on age.
- Take three to four months off every few years and go live in a foreign country.
- Spend at least an hour a week in a natural setting, away from crowds of people, traffic, and buildings.
- Do whatever you need to do to connect with a sense of spirit in your life.
- Seek the support of others who want to simplify their lives.
- Practice saying no.
Friday, April 29
Recipe for Simplicity
Ten suggestions to simplify your life: